In order for a construction project to achieve success, all parties involved, including owners, project developers, investors, contractors, architects and engineers, must reach a meeting of the minds from the very start. Written agreements form the legal framework enumerating respective rights, responsibilities, and the risks allocated to and assumed by each party.
In the event of a dispute between any of the parties to a construction project, it is imperative to know your legal rights in the event the dispute leads to litigation, as soon as possible.
Typically, in a construction project, multiple written agreements are required to document the understanding between all of the parties. These written agreements create an opportunity for you to negotiate the best possible formula for what you pay or are paid, and what responsibilities and risks you assume. The written agreements also create an opportunity for you to document the “overall plan.”
With a set of well-drafted agreements, you protect yourself when the inevitable discussions occur during a construction project concerning who should have performed a particular task, or who is responsible for the failure of a particular task, or the infinite variety of disagreements that may occur. You also place yourself, in the event of litigation, in a much stronger position to prevail.
Construction Law services offered for owners, project developers, investors, and contractors:
- All contract preparation and review
- Representation in any dispute including litigation and arbitration
- Builder liens and lien waivers, lien foreclosure actions
- Preparation and review of all owner, contractor, architectural and engineering construction agreements.
- Comprehensive risk management and project consulting services
- Representation and assistance on all negotiations